So lately I have been incredibly busy with university and I haven’t had the time to post something (sorry!). A couple of days ago I tried onion rings for the first time and they were so delicious!!! I’m not usually an onion loving type normally, but these onion rings are so damn goooooooood. Sad thing was that they would become and expensive habit if I were to buy them so I found a good way of making delicious onion rings with ingredients you may have right now. I also made onion rings using my spankin’ new Philips Airfryer (trying to be healthy)!!!! So this recipe will show how to make onion rings the old traditional way and how to make them using an Airfryer so enjoy!
- 1 large onion (or 2 small onions) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs/Panko bread crumbs (I like Panko better)
- oil for frying
- Pre-heat the Air Fryer for about 10 minutes or add some oil in the pan to cover the whole bottom of it with about 1cm depth until warm.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Mix together the egg and milk into flour using a fork.
- Coat the onion rings in flour
- Dip the floured onion rings into the batter to coat.
- Put the bread crumbs in a bowl and coat the rings in the crumbs, making sure that it’s completely covered.
- Place the onion rings into Airfryer and cook for 7-10 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. Check the onion rings around the 7 minutes to see if they have cooked, if not continue to check every minute or two after so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauces or enjoy on its own!